Friday 8 August 2014

On the Brim

Hmmmmm...I am confounded. The subject matter is one I think greatly deserves to be broached. Sickle cell is a genetic issue that has engendered a lot of pain and sadness in many families in Cameroon. So the film is on point in this respect, but this is where it ends. The film starts of great with a promising premise of a sickle cell patient aided by this rich dude with a sumptuous background who takes interest in him. Then the sickle cell boy and the rich dude's girl do something and boys sister is being a 'nag' about almost everything and oh my! I get lost in the melange. The narration is porous. The quality is not good for a 2013 release especially as AngloCam filmmakers are upping the stakes. The acting ah! The acting...I do not even know where to start. I heard about this film and had such high expectations and so purchased it immediately I saw an available copy but was disappointed at all levels whether technical or artistic. But hey dont just take it from me go get it, watch and tell me what you think. Maybe there is some deep underlying artsy meaning I am not getting.

4 comments:

  1. Miss Panimarie. I can see you making a lot of enemies with this blog but I like the initiative. The industry is groing and we need this. I didn't know about all these films till I got here. BTW Nice Pic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss Panimarie. I can see you making a lot of enemies with this blog but I like the initiative. The industry is groing and we need this. I didn't know about all these films till I got here. BTW Nice Pic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for appreciating the initiative. The aim is not to raise enemies but to express my views as a viewer.

      Delete
  3. We are just rising can we please breath?! We cannot progres because of all the negative badmouths like you. This film was good.

    ReplyDelete