Friday 8 August 2014

Triangle of Tears 1&2

The adage that "you never know what you got till it's gone" sums up the essence of this movie Traingle of Tears. Enah Johnscott leading the pack(as director) narrates on screen the story which revolves around three principal characters; Murphy, Ornela, Harry. Ok so Harry loves Ornela and is about to marry her, tragedy strikes two days to the wedding and despite pleas from his best buddy Murphy, Harry chucks Ornela for another (whose story is the shaky subplot of the film). Murphy picks up Ornela dusts her up and Bam!! Harry wants her back. That in brief is the triangle right there and yes there were tears oh yes. Ok its unlike me but I got to start here with the SLAYER of this movie cause sadly there are aplenty. First off the sound mixing is so wrong I am hoping it is just the copy I bought, it made the film a tad bit strenuous to watch with dialogues coming before the images and an overwhelming sound score. I hate that ( Cos I have been thro it myself) The image quality was not bad but not enthralling either but the biggest sham of it all was the cinematography. Vain picture and frame composition, jerky shaky camera movements (which were clearly not highlights to the narration) careless camera angles with no real meaning and slipshod transition shots in between scenes ...ouf! As I struggle to catch my breath, then comes the acting. So so uninspiring I had to ask myself if the director really did direct the actors on the emotions and interpretations he desired for the characters, or was this what he wanted? The actor who plays Ornela gave the viewers NADA! nothing to work with. At some point I pitied the co-actors; but even they too don't go scot-free, Wyte's dialogue delivery is filled with breaks in between each line I became irritable, it's like a mechanical recital and same applies in his reactions, for some reason he seemed frozen and Epule I felt needed some depth. The saving grace here happens to be the story which (even though I still have problems with the screenplay) was very relatable and twigged with some twist at the end, acting wise Eta Mercy who plays Samira is the one to look out for. All in All with a little more attention to detail this film would have much more than it is. But please don't take it only from me, go get a copy and maybe you might just see things differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment